10 Reasons Why the Holidays can be the Best Time to Sell Your Home.
1. Buyers love to shop for homes during the holidays when they have more time.
2. Because many families take vacation time during the holidays, more husbands and wives are available to see homes together.
3. The buyers who are actively looking during the holidays are serious and focused.
4. Many buyers who do not have school age children prefer to shop during the winter to avoid the spring and summer home buying rush when negotiations are more stressful.
5. The majority of families that are relocating now have school aged children they are trying to settle in school by the January semester or when the Spring break begins.
6. During the winter holidays we focus on family and home. Buyers viewing an attractively decorated home can easily imagine their own family living there.
7. With reduced inventories and motivated buyers and agents, you could have more showings now than during the busier spring and summer markets.
8. Buyers tend to be more flexible with contract terms and conditions during the holidays.
9. Buyers are more emotional during the holidays and are more likely to pay your price.
10. Selling now makes you an appealing, non-contingent buyer in the Spring.